1. Can SmartDrain / SmartCatheter entirely replace conventional laboratory analysis of drain / catheter fluid?
SmartDrain / SmartCatheter is designed as an early warning system. As such it is aimed at complementing conventional laboratory diagnostics, not replacing it. Should the SmartDrain / SmartCatheter detect an abnormal situation it should be followed up with routine laboratory diagnostics.
2. Is SmartDrain / SmartCatheter compatible with the tube sets we use?
SmartDrain / SmartCatheter does not depend on proprietary tube sets and is compatible with all common tube sets through a simple connector system.
3. How can we integrate the diagnostic information the SmartDrain / SmartCatheter provides into our daily workflow?
The diagnostic information will be integrated into your work environment according to your needs. This can be an electronic health record, the hospital information system, Smartphone or even a Smartwatch.
4. Is the SmartDrain / SmartCatheter reusable?
The hardware consists of a reusable electronics unit and a disposable tubing section inserted into the drain line.
5. Do we need to run the analytics platform in the cloud?
The default operating mode is cloud-based. However, on-premise operation in alignment with local legal requirements is also possible.
6. Does SmartDrain / SmartCatheter mean more cables getting in the way?
SmartDrain operates on battery and streams data wirelessly. No cables!
7. How can I implement SmartDrain / SmartCatheter at my ward?
We’ll take care of the implementation and make sure that all members of staff are trained and comfortable with using SmartDrain. An Elixion specialist will be present on site during the first days of SmartDrain usage to ensure seamless integration.